Giving Tuesday is a national day of giving. It is a day where we can take stock of all the organizations that do good in this world and donate to support their work. While national organizations do important work, it is the nonprofits in our own communities that have the most impact to you and your neighbors. Today, you can make a big impact on the Challenger Learning Center of Philadelphia and STEM students, particularly those students in underserved populations.
With your help, we’ll raise funds to help open an immersive STEM education center where students can engage in simulated space missions. These missions make STEM concepts interesting and engage them in real-time problems, all while helping students learn crucial skills, such as planning, collaboration, and creative problem solving. In addition, your donation could help purchase necessary supplies for STEM outreach programs throughout the Philadelphia area.
How can you be a part of it? Here are a few simple ideas:
- Consider making a gift on #GivingTuesday at our website
- Take a look at our Amazon Wish List and consider purchasing equipment needed to fulfill our mission. https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/newwl/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_3
- Buying holiday gifts? Shop through Amazon Smile and add us as a beneficiary.
- Contribute by adding a peer to peer fundraiser on our end of year campaign by clicking the “I want to help fundraise” button here.
- Consider joining our board of directors or advisory committee to help mold and shape STEM education in Philadelphia.
- Help us get the word out on social media, using @clcphilly and the hashtag #GivingTuesday
- Share with us why hands-on STEM education matters to you.
- Do something kind for another person. Random acts of kindness just make the world a better place to live.
With your support, we can meet our goal of $10,000 raised on #GivingTuesday to help support students STEM education. Thank you so much for your help!